Although based on the Gold Coast, Jones Mitchell Lawyers is the largest firm in Queensland practising exclusively in family law, and one of the largest family law firms in Australia.
Since 1990, Jones Mitchell Lawyers has worked with clients throughout Australia and across the world on a range of international cases and has extensive experience in the following:
- financial cases involving international property and assets
- Hague Convention (unlawful removal of children either from Australia internationally or from other countries into Australia) cases
- registering and enforcing overseas orders in Australia and
- international conflict of laws.
Regularly working with clients based in New Zealand, the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, Jones Mitchell Lawyers has worked with clients either living or with assets in the following countries: Japan, Taiwan, China, Fiji, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Canada, Israel, South Africa, Switzerland, Sweden, France, Finland, Estonia, Spain, Germany, Greece, and Saudi Arabia.
With a well-earned reputation for handling international cases, Jones Mitchell Lawyers has strong relationships with family law firms in many of these countries including:
- Gevurtz Menashe – USA and Canada
- Pamir International – Taiwan and China
In addition to these close international associations, senior partner Warwick (Rick) Jones has the following international qualifications and memberships:
- Member, Lawasia
- Associate Member, American Bar Association
- Notary Public, Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury, London
- Member, Academy of Family Mediators (USA)
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (USA)
All Jones Mitchell family lawyers have the commitment, professionalism, experience and resources to draw on to handle the most complex family law cases around the world.
For more information about international cases, contact us to speak with one of our experienced Jones Mitchell partners.