If you're thinking of a career in family law, Jones Mitchell offers staff the opportunity to work on and be rewarded by some of the most complex and challenging family law cases in a dynamic and supportive work environment.
A career in family law
Family law is fast becoming an area of choice for many lawyers because:
- It’s important – more and more people are experiencing this life-changing event and family lawyers can contribute greatly to clients’ success.
- It’s challenging – many family law cases are complex and are complicated further by emotion and conflict which is not found in other areas of law.
- It’s multi-faceted – no other area of law can involve so many competing facets in one case – children, property, trusts, businesses, religion, international law.
- It’s interesting – no other area of law encompasses ‘life’s passing parade’ like family law and offers the opportunity for lawyers to also be advocates, advisers, negotiators, and mediators.
- It’s new frontiers – no other area of law is changing so rapidly, both in the approaches we take such as alternative dispute resolution and the law itself such as surrogacy agreements, IVF, same sex and transsexual relationships.
- It’s caring – family law enables lawyers to practise with care and compassion and help clients through a very difficult time in their life.
- It’s rewarding – family lawyers uniquely offers the reward of guiding clients through the minefield to respectfully resolve their important issues.
A career at Jones Mitchell Lawyers
Jones Mitchell Lawyers is a dynamic family law firm leading the industry in the way it practises law and employing the best and most motivated professionals in family law, para-legal and administration.
The largest law firm practising exclusively in family law in Queensland and one of the largest family law firms in Australia, Jones Mitchell has the expertise and resources to handle any the most complex cases and support its staff in this challenging and ever-changing area of law.
Working with the most complex family law cases with clients from across Queensland, across Australia and around the world, staff at Jones Mitchell Lawyers have one of the best opportunities available to develop their professional skills.
Jones Mitchell Lawyers also has strong relationships with other professionals – accountants, financial planners, doctors, bankers, and other lawyers – who regularly refer clients to them. Staff at Jones Mitchell have the opportunity to join these existing professional networks and are encouraged and supported to develop their own.
With a reputation as “the lawyer’s lawyer” and often representing high profile personalities and wealthy people across Australia, Jones Mitchell Lawyers has a track record of resolving disputes quickly, and most often, out of court.
The firm is also extremely committed to ongoing staff professional development and the development on family law students. Jones Mitchell Lawyers offers Bond University an in-house subject in family law. This is practical training for students interested in pursuing careers in family law. Jones Mitchell partners and senior lawyers volunteer their time to supervise these students who undertake the subject. Some senior lawyers also coach the Bond University’s team in the National Family Law Mooting Competition.
Jones Mitchell Lawyers’ firm culture offers staff:
- a healthy work-life balance with flexible working arrangements and maternity and paternity leave entitlements
- the epitomy of team work and support
- the opportunity to work on some of the most complex and interesting family law cases in Australia
- an environment that celebrates success and generates pride
- an ‘open door’ policy to colleagues, senior lawyers and partners
- access to the most up-to-date technology and modern impressive offices
- an expansive mentoring program through team meetings, regular reviews and and informal feedback
- financial support for ongoing personal and professional development
- memberships to all law associations and other relevant professional organisations
- the freedom to develop your own professional reputation
Want to work for Jones Mitchell Lawyers?
If you like what Jones Mitchell’s firm culture has to offer, we would like to hear from you.
If you have a genuine interest and passion for family law and approach your work and your clients in a supportive and caring manner, we would like to hear from you.
If you would like to reap the professional development benefits of being a part of the largest family law firm in Queensland, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward your details to Kathy.Atkins@jonesmitchell.com.au.