With a family law career spanning more than 11 years, Orlena has recently been named Gold Coast's only "Rising Star" in the peer-rated Doyle's Guide. Orlena ensures her clients receive realistic advice and understand the relevant aspects of their case from a very early stage. Practising exclusively in family law and focussing on complex parenting cases, she believes this advice empowers her clients to make better decisions which will lead to earlier resolutions.
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor, High Court of Australia
- Bachelor of Communications majoring in Public Relations, University of Western Sydney
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Sydney
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Member, Gold Coast District Law Association
- Member, Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland
- Member, Law Council of Australia - Family Law Section
About OrlenaOrlena’s legal career began by providing family law assistance through LawAccess NSW, an initiative of the NSW Attorney General’s department which provides family law and generalist legal advice to residents of regional New South Wales. During Orlena’s family law career, she has worked on a broad range of issues including parenting and property cases, as well as financial issues, property settlements, child support and spousal maintenance concerns. With a specific interest in complex parenting cases, Orlena represents clients with issues such as:
- relocation, both local and international;
- allegations regarding sexual and physical abuse;
- drug and alcohol abuse and mental health concerns;
- allegations regarding ‘parental alienation’; and
- proceedings for urgent recovery of children, including recovery of young babies.